Friday, February 28, 2014

Fun things I have been doing

I have gotten to do a lot of fun stuff since I have been in Chicago. I have been to a cubs game, a bulls game, the Blackhawks game at Soldier Field, jazz Fest, Mardi Gras at Navy Pier, and a lot of other things. 

When I first moved to Chicago at the end of August I went to two Cubs games. It was the first time I had been to Wrigley Field for a game. I had a blast. The Cubs lost the first game to the Marlins and beat the Braves in the second game.

I also went to Jazz Fest not long after moving to Chicago. It was at Mellinium Park. I had a lot of fun.

I also have gotten to go to my first Bulls game in Chicago. I went with my roommate Clarissa and her brother around Christmas. We had a lot of fun. We went to dinner before the game at Gino's East then headed over to the game. The Bulls beat the Cavs that night.

I January my roommates and I went ice skating at Mellinium Park. It was our community day event. We had a great time.

Recently I went to Mardi Gras at Navy Pier and the Blackhawks game at Soldier Field.
 I started my day at Navy Pier for Mardi Gras. It was a crazy event with a ton of people. Part of the party was a pub crawl that went all around Navy Pier and one of the boats. I spent most of my time on the boat. It was cool to get to see lake and hang out.

Later that day I went to the Blackhawks game at Soldier Field. It was my first Blackhawks game and my First time at Soldier Field. I froze my tail off at the game but had an amazing time. It was very cold and snowy. The Blackhawks beat the Penguins 5-1.

Most recently I went to the St. Patricks Day parade. It was really crazy. There were a ton of people. But overall it was a lot of fun.
The parade is a tradition in Chicago. It was the first time I have ever been. It was cool to see all the people in the parade and what a big deal it was. The bagpipers were my favorite part.

Overall this year has been an absolute blast. I have gotten to do a lot of fun things for the first time in my life. I am looking forward to doing a lot of other fun things throughout the rest of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment